Since many of our readers are new to couponing they may not know you can send your expired coupons to help others. This is a repost we did awhile back, but I thought I would remind you all.
One of our long time readers sent us this set by set guest post on what you can do to make a difference with those expired coupons! Thanks Andi!
Do you throw them in the trash or even let them sit in your coupon sorter for months?
Next time you sort out your expired coupons don’t throw them in the trash! Throw them in an envelope and send them over seas to military families!
Military families shop at the PX, BX or Commissary and grocery bills can get very expensive while in another country, and expired coupons can help them save!
There are tons of sites you can use to find a military base or family to send them to.
I found a few through Ann Marie. She is stationed with her family in Germany right now.
And I found several others just by doing a simple Google search.
Most of them go like this:
1. Go onto their site and choose a base or family you would like to mail the coupons to.
2. Once you have found a good family, make sure the coupons are clipped (so as to not waste on postage).
3. I sort them into two piles, food and non-food products and put each pile into a plastic baggy (envelopes can work as well).
4. Then add up the total amount your coupons are worth, and list it on each baggy.
5. The next step may be different depending on which site you choose to go with.
- At Overseas Coupon Program you have to fill out a report and send it to them.
- At The Happy Housewife can contact her for more information on the details.
- At Grocery Saving Tips you just send them off.
UPDATE**** some readers have said their coupons have been returned when sent to the above links so here is a new link The Overseas Coupon Project,
Each site has a different amount of time the coupons are aloud to be expired for. They range anywhere from 2 to 6 months.