Bold Metals Collection Review #MyMakeupShakeup
Those of you who know me, know that I am not very “girly” I am a farm girl and would rather wear boots and jeans than heels and a dress. I do wear a little bit of makeup, but not much. Let’s face it I have 5 kids, so spending hours getting ready is NOT an option. Instead my makeup routine take me about 3-5 minutes and I am DONE.
You can watch my Bold Metals Youtube video here.Putting on your makeup really is an art form, the way you contour your face and use the makeup, makes a huge difference in the final outcome. Getting it right take practice, quality makeup and good application brushes. A friend teaching you is always nice too…. or watch a few youtube videos. There are 10 year old girls that put on makeup better than me and have viral videos, lol.
Above is my before and after photo. As I said before I do not wear a lot of make up, my goal is to still look very natural but just brighter and more even skintone. And also to hide the fact that I am 35 BUT still get have areas that I break out in…. seriously zits, feel free to go away anytime lol :).
I did have a friend help me apply my makeup the first time I used these brushes. First it is hard to photograph yourself while applying makeup… Second I had no idea what some of these brushes were for??? They were so pretty and fluffy and clearly for someone who knows how to apply eyeliner or something fancy like that :). After a quick makeup 101 from my friend Sheri, she explained what each brush was for and how it would help me apply my makeup better.
The real question is, did the brushes make a difference? These brushes are high quality yet low price, found at your local Walmart. I have to say I was REALLY impressed with my “finished face”. I was able to still look rather natural, just a fresher face (looks like I don’t have a baby that still wakes up 2-3 times each night). I love the way the brushes applied my makeup, my favorite brush was the 202 Angled Liner brush that helped me fill in my eyebrows just a little. The 100 Arched Powder brush was pretty amazing, it was great for applying my finishing powder to help set my makeup in place.
You can find a Walmart store near you that carries the Bold Metals Collection. Use the store locator above. You can ALSO tweet for the chance to win a $100 giftcard just tweet Which Bold Metals brush do you want to try at @Walmart? Make sure you use the #MyMakeupShakeUp hashtag, followers are entered for a chance to win one of two $100 Walmart Gift Cards. You can earn bonus entries if you take a picture of the brush or follow Real Techniques on social media.
LOL… this is my “oh great I have to take a selfie face”.
Below is a list of the 7 Bold Metals Collection Brushes I was able to try, make sure you look for them next time you are at Walmart.
1) 100 Arched Powder ~ Designed with a domed cut to sweep perfectly across the face for flawless application of pressed or loose powders.
2) 101 Triangle Foundation ~ Made for dual duty: flat edge covers large areas of face, while the angled edges contour around eyes and nose.
3) 200 Oval Shadow ~ Made with a full, round shape for all-over lid application and seamless blending.
4) 201 Pointed Crease ~ Densely packed, tapered bristles are perfect for creating that smoky effect with eye shadow.
5) 202 Angled Liner ~ A firm, slanted head fits close to the lash line for smooth, even eye liner application.
6) 300 Tapered Blush ~ Specially-designed tip highlights and sculpts across cheeks for seamless finish.
7) 301 Flat Contour ~Dense head creates shadows and highlights to play up favorite features.
*Sponsored post by Lunchbox, all opinions are 100% my own.