Valentine’s Day Grape Hearts ~ Healthy Valentines Treats
Valentine’s Day is all about the hearts, so why not treat kids to these tasty and healthy hearts shaped grapes? You can make your own Valentine’s Day heart grapes in just minutes, and using no more than a handful of grapes and dollar store heart picks. Here is how you can get started crafting your own, just in time for Valentine’s Day parties and gatherings! Perfect for school parties or think how excited your kids would be to find these inside thier lunch box!
- Large, fresh grapes (red grapes work great!)
- Heart picks (sold at Dollar Tree in a package along with cupcake cups)
If you can’t find the picks like we used here, you can always use toothpicks to hold your hearts together. As mentioned ours were found at Dollar Tree, sold along with the cupcake cups as cupcake toppers.
1. Begin by washing and drying your grapes well.
2. Cut each grape in half at an angle. Refer to the photo to see how to make this cut. Simply cutting the grape in half won’t work. You need to be sure the cut is made at an angle.
3. Turn one grape upside down so that when pressed together, the grapes make a heart shape.
4. Run a skewer, toothpick, or pick through the grapes to hold them together and retain the heart shape.
Your Valentine’s Day grape hearts are ready to be enjoyed. Have children munch on them as is or you can serve them with yogurt or fruit dip.
If you like this idea be sure to check out or list of OVER 25 Valenitnes crafts, DIY, Recipes and ideas.
Please note this post contains my amazon link, selection can change without notice.
Disclaimer: This post may or may not contain affiliate links.
SUBSCRIBE and never miss a thing!
Disclaimer and Official Rules for Sweepstakes