Random fact … I am GUILTY of hiding band-aids in strange places in my home … I always have more “just in case”. Because when I REALLY need a band-aid the box is always empty thanks to my children and their attempts to save the world like Dr. Quinn medicine woman.
WHY you ask, because I have 4 small children. If the package of band-aid is just put on the shelf somehow my children are drawn to it like bees to honey or flies to food. That freaky little box of band-aids calls out to my children and in NO TIME flat all 25 band-aids have been unwrapped (wrapper tossed on the floor for the magic maid fairy aka MOM to pick up later) and used for the most tragic traumas you have ever seen. Here are a few examples of traumas and life saving support these band-aids have offered my children in the past…
1. Promptly put on a 3 week old wound were there once was a scab, that has now fallen off and all that remains is healed skin.
2. All over the wall, in a random pattern … some even over lapping. Maybe this is modern art and I am just to old school to see its divine potential?
3. On little brothers “Butt Crack” since he broke his bum.
4. All over the TV, because scrapping sticky things off electronics just makes Mom SO happy… not.
5. In a path on the floor, and they stick like you would not believe. Left there so I can follow it like bear tracks right to the guilty party. When I follow the trial it somehow always leads me right to my kids. When I ask them WHO used all the band-aids they all look at me and say “NOT ME”. Yet they are polka-dotted with them…. how then, did that band-aid end up right in the middle of their forehead? ( I told you these band-aids are freaky little things and can not be trusted…lol).
So that my friends is why I Hoard/ Hide band-aids in random weird places in my home. So do not be shocked if you put on a stocking hat in the middle of summer only to find a box of band-aids inside, or open up my printer and find Mrs. Piggy and Kermit the Frog hanging out band-aid style under the lid.