The Best Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled Eggs happen to be one of my favorite foods, when they are made right I can eat a whole plate of them (not that I have ever done that…lol). It must be something in our family, because my little brother told his wife that deviled eggs are the perfect side dish, they GO WITH EVERY MEAL. She thinks he is nuts, but I kind of agree with him. If you do not share our love for deviled eggs, then maybe you are just looking for a great bbq side or Easter picnic idea… we still have you covered :). These spicy deviled eggs are a great twist on the classic recipe.
- 1 Dozen Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Serrano or Jalapeno Peppers (Finely Diced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Paprika (Optional)
Peel the hard boiled eggs then cut them in half lengthwise. Softly coop out the egg yolks and transfer them into a medium size mixing bowl.Add the mayonnaise, mustard, serrano peppers, garlic salt and cayenne pepper and mash with a fork until fully combined. Taste to see if additional salt is needed. Place the mixture into a frosting bag or Ziploc bag (with the tip cut off) and pipe the filling into the empty egg whites. If you don’t have either of these items, just scoop the filling into the egg whites with a small spoon. Garnish with paprika and slices of serrano pepper. Place the eggs on a serving tray and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
Fun, creative ideas for your fall and kids.
Bookmark, save or Pin those ideas you want to do later.
How to make cake pops ~ DIY Easter Bunny recipe ideas
Healthy Spring recipes ~ tulip tomatoes
Stuffed Jalapenos With Crispy Bacon Recipe
Stuffed Jalapenos With Crispy Bacon ~ GameDay Superbowl Snack Recipe
Looking for a finger licking good recipe for an appetizer or finger food, then you have got to try these Stuffed Jalapenos With Crispy Bacon. They are easy to make and a low cost recipe as well. Best part is you can prep them BEFORE your guests show up, then pop them in the oven right before they arrive for a hot and tasty treat with no stress.
Yields 24 stuffed pepper halves. Prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes
For this recipe you will need:
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers
- 6 strips of thick cut bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 8 oz cream cheese brick softened to room temperature
- 2/3 mexi style blend cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoon ranch dip seasoning dry mix
Wash peppers, then cut in half lengthwise and take out seeds and ribs. You might want to wear gloves while you do this, or put oil on your hands, then wash them with soap after your done. I found using a small spoon or even a grapefruit spoon works really well for getting the ribs and seeds out. You want to make sure you get all the seeds out because that is where the heat is, if you like spicy then keep the ribs in.
In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning. Mix well and spoon into jalapeno halves, place cooked bacon on top. Put on baking sheet, and cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Quick tip *** I found that if you put them on a metal baking rack the peppers will stay upright during the cooking process and not tip over. When they tip over the cheese tends to slide out, so this helps prevent that. Make sure you put the rack on top of a cookie sheet for easier transport and clean up.
Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Finger Food for GameDay
Stuffed Mushrooms are rather easy to make, but can be intimidating if you have never made them before. But they are worth the time to learn if you enjoy them. This is a recipe that works great as finger food for parties or social gatherings. With the Super Bowl next weekend this is the perfect time to learn.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Servings: 2 (or 6 if this is finger food for a party)
• 12 organic button mushrooms
• 4 oz Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, softened
• 3 Applegate Naturals Uncured Good Morning strips bacon, finely chopped
• 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 organic garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 2 tablespoons organic green onions, chopped
• 1 oz Frigo Crumbled Blue Cheese
• (1 tablespoon red wine – optional)
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Rinse each mushroom and dry with paper towels. Gently break off stems and
3. Covered with paper towel in microwave, cook 3 strips bacon (the 3rd is for you
to eat while you cook) until lightly brown and crisp. Remove from microwave
and set aside. In pan, add shallots and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
Add chopped mushroom stems and continue to cook, stirring regularly, for
about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Optional – add in
red wine and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until mushrooms are tender
and liquid is evaporated. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and blue cheese. Fold in mushroom
blend, crisp bacon bits and green onions in pan.
5. Arrange mushroom caps gills down on a baking sheet and lightly smear with
olive oil. Bake in a 400 F oven for about 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms
start to leak. Turn mushroom caps to cavity side up and using a small spoon,
fill with cheese mixture. Return to oven and bake at 400 F for another 5 to 6
minutes or until stuffing is heated through and tops are golden brown.
Valentine’s Day Grape Hearts ~ Healthy Valentines Treats
Valentine’s Day is all about the hearts, so why not treat kids to these tasty and healthy hearts shaped grapes? You can make your own Valentine’s Day heart grapes in just minutes, and using no more than a handful of grapes and dollar store heart picks. Here is how you can get started crafting your own, just in time for Valentine’s Day parties and gatherings! Perfect for school parties or think how excited your kids would be to find these inside thier lunch box!
- Large, fresh grapes (red grapes work great!)
- Heart picks (sold at Dollar Tree in a package along with cupcake cups)
If you can’t find the picks like we used here, you can always use toothpicks to hold your hearts together. As mentioned ours were found at Dollar Tree, sold along with the cupcake cups as cupcake toppers.
1. Begin by washing and drying your grapes well.
2. Cut each grape in half at an angle. Refer to the photo to see how to make this cut. Simply cutting the grape in half won’t work. You need to be sure the cut is made at an angle.
3. Turn one grape upside down so that when pressed together, the grapes make a heart shape.
4. Run a skewer, toothpick, or pick through the grapes to hold them together and retain the heart shape.
Your Valentine’s Day grape hearts are ready to be enjoyed. Have children munch on them as is or you can serve them with yogurt or fruit dip.
If you like this idea be sure to check out or list of OVER 25 Valenitnes crafts, DIY, Recipes and ideas.
Please note this post contains my amazon link, selection can change without notice.