What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins
- Dinner- Family Pot Luck Dinner at Grandmas
- Breakfast- Cheesy Grits
- Lunch- Ham and cheese omelette
- Dinner- Ham rolls, rice, green beans and corn
- Breakfast-Yogurt, toast and hot chocolate
- Lunch- Potato Soup with grilled cheese
- Dinner- Hawaiian Hay-Stacks (rice, chicken, gravy, cheese, celery, onions, almonds, green olives, pineapple, tomatoes)
- Breakfast- Hot oatmeal
- Lunch- Left over Hawiian Hay Stack
- Dinner- Baked Potatoes with chili and cheese
- Breakfast- French toast
- Lunch- Bean Burritos, apples
- Dinner- Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken and veggies over rice
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Tuna Sandwich, Apple slices
- Friday- Roast beef and cheese biscuits with brown gravy, and a Green Toss Salad