Italian Pot Roast ~ Crock Pot Recipe
Warm up this fall with a hearty serving of this Italian Pot Roast. Easy to make in your slow cooker, this Italian Pot Roast is sure to please all tastes and budgets! You can prep a batch in no time, then just set the slow cooker and forget about it. By dinner time, you will be enjoying a hearty pot roast that warms you right up. Take a look at how to get started.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup of baby carrots, whole
- 2 cups of small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 4 pounds of boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Pastina baby pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Pour the water and beef broth into the slow cooker. Mix in the dry onion soup mix and tomato sauce. Stir well.
2. Place the vegetables (onion, potatoes, carrots) in the bottom of the cooker. Distribute them into an even layer.
3. Place the roast on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle your pepper, oregano, and basil onto the meat.
4. Set the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. As it cooks, you can use a ladle to spoon the liquid of the roast and season it further. This will also keep it moist.
5. With a half hour left to cook, you can add a cup of pastina directly to the slow cooker. If you are worried about over/under cooking the pasta, you can cook it on the side in a sauce pan.
Serve your Italian Pot Roast over the pastina. If you wish you can add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for an extra kick.
Make sure you check out these deals on Crock Pots and Slow Cookers
Related Crock Pot Recipes:
Beef Fajitas in the crock pot,
Cafe Rio Copy-Cat Sweet Pork Tacos
Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot
Honey Garlic Chicken
How to make Caramel in the Crock Pot
Chocolate Fondue in the Crock Pot
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas