7 Quick and Easy Tips How to Cook the Perfect Steak
Summer is here which makes my brain think BBQ and GRILLING season is here. It helps keep the kitchen cool and food over an open fire is just AMAZING when cooked right. Steak is tricky to make just right, but it can be done. Here are my tips and tricks on how to cook the perfect steak every time! Learn from my errors because steak mistakes don’t come cheap!
1. Season,season,season: Add salt before cooking to add flavor and draw out water so you get a super crispy crust. I personally really enjoy the McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning, and some lemon pepper seasoning. Hold off on adding additional pepper or fresh herbs until just before serving to prevent burning.
2. Sear: In order to get that crunchy crust on the outside of your steak, you need to sear the meat. Heat vegetable or canola oil in a pan until it just begins to smoke. Then add your meat. If you hear a loud sizzle you’re doing it right!
3. Cook: After you sear each side for 3-4 minutes cook to your desired level of doneness. The total cooking time depends on the size and cut of your steak.
4. Temperature: The easier way to tell whether your steak is done to your liking is to use a meat thermometer.
Rare Steak:120 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium Rare: 130 F
Medium Well: 150
Well Done: 160
5. Reduce heat and add butter: Just before your steak is done, reduce the heat to medium add 2-3 tablespoons of butter, freshly ground black pepper, and any fresh herbs you’d like. Constantly spoon butter over your steak. Switch sides and repeat.
6. Let your meat rest. Never cut your meat immediately after it’s done cooking. By letting it rest you will keep all those delicious juices inside which will make the meat moist.
7. Cut against the grain. Your knife should be at a right angle (L shape) to the grain(lines on the meat).
You might also enjoy these posts:
HOW TO FREEZE STRAWBERRIES ~ 5 EASY STEPS.
How to cut a whole watermelon into cubes in just a few minutes