This is one of our Family’s favorite snacks, and a great way to use up all the cereal we get with coupons.
You will need:
- 16 cups of dry cereal ( chex, cinnamon toast crunch, life, or what ever you want)
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds ( I use sun flower seeds instead, so my friends with nut allergies can eat it too)
- 2 cups pretzels
- (Sprinkles for the top is you want to ad them at the end)
Sauce you will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Light Karo syrup
- 3/4 cup butter ( 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup chopped candy cane dust ( click here to see easy way to make)
In large bowl, mix together, cereal, coconut, nuts or seeds, and pretzels. Set aside to make sauce.
In a medium sauce pan add, sugar, butter and Karo. Over MEDIUM heat slowing melt butter and blend ingredients together. Stir while heating.
Once it comes to a boil cook for 2 minutes….( set a timer, if it cooks longer it will be too hard, if it does not cook longer enough it will be too soft) Once it has cooked at a full boil for 2 min take off heat.
Sprinkle in the chopped candy canes ( I dumped it in so I could take the picture and then it was a big ball…and hard to work with, not a good idea)
As you sprinkle in the candy cane, wisk to prevent big lumps.
Pour over the top of cereal mixture in bowl, stir till all cereal is well coated.
Then pour out on a greased cookie sheet, and top with sprinkles if you want. Let cool, store in zip lock bag, enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post may or may not contain affiliate links.
SUBSCRIBE and never miss a thing!