How We Celebrate Our Anniversary
It’s Katie! Every year when our anniversary rolls around we are try to find a new way to celebrate. Several years ago I realized while we do enjoy dinner and a movie we were missing out on a real opportunity. We would already have a sitter, sometimes over night, (thanks grandma!) and so we really had the time to do something fun. After we talked about it and I came up with the idea that we would do something from one of our bucket lists every anniversary. We would take turns each year crossing something off.
The first step is making a bucket list or a list of things you’ve always wanted to do in your life. These things don’t have to be big, even though they can be. It can be simple like trying a new type of cuisine or an over night hike. Or it can be big like a destination vacation. Make your list and check them off one by one.
Here are a few of the most recent bucket list anniversaries my husband and I have done.
1. Ziplining. This was so much fun. A little bit of adventure without the risks of jumping out of a plane. We went through a place here in Idaho called ZipIdaho and we both loved it. I thought it was reasonably priced for all the lines we got to zip.
2. Pedalboating. I don’t know why but I’ve always wanted to try this. You see it in movies all them time with couples out pedaling around a lake. It looks so whimsical and romantic. We went down to a park in Boise to do it. It was a fun inexpensive activity we both enjoyed.
3. Outdoor Shakespeare Festival. Boise has an outdoor performing arts theater that performs several different plays throughout the summer. We sat hillside in the cheap seats and enjoyed watching Shakespeare’s Loves Labour Lost.
4. Go to a concert. We’ve seen a few different bands, but when one of our favorites comes in August (our anniversary month) we get tickets.
5. Visit the used bookstore and farmer’s market. Both my husband and I are avid readers. So Saturday morning of our anniversary celebration we went to the used bookstore and then visited the farmer’s market that was around the corner. This was relaxing and I love having time to look at books without the kids needing my supervision.
Those are just a few of the things we’ve done. This year we celebrate 13 years together. It has been pretty incredible all the of things we have gone through together. I’m so grateful we decided to celebrate our years together this way. It’s created some wonderful memories and strengthened our friendship and bond.
What is your favorite way to celebrate your anniversary?! Share it in the comments below.