What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals. Makes it easy to live on less when you cook with what you already have!
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Chocolate Chip Apple Sauce Zucchini Muffins
- Dinner-Cheesy Baked Spaghetti, Yellow Squash with Bacon, Steamed broccoli
- Breakfast-Chocolate Chip Apple Sauce Zucchini Muffins
- Lunch- Bean and Cheese Burritos, grapes
- Dinner-Lime Chicken and Spinach Quiche and steamed broccoli
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Left over Lime Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Dinner- Taco Salad with Wholly Salsa and Wholly Guacamole
- Breakfast- Chocolate Apple Sauce Zucchini Bread Muffins, with peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Lunch-Egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks and fresh garden peas
- Dinner- Steak, Grilled Zucchini, Yellow Squash with Bacon, and Mexi style corn and rice
- Breakfast-Chocolate Apple Sauce Zucchini Bread Muffins, with peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Lunch- Taco Salad
- Dinner-Grilled Chicken Red Onion bacon Wholly Guacamole Hoagie, Broccoli and Grape salad
- Breakfast- Oatmeal and grape juice
- Lunch- Grilled Chicken Red Onion bacon Wholly Guacamole Hoagie with chips
- Friday-Salmon Cakes, Rice a Roni, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, steamed broccoli
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Chocolate Apple Sauce Zucchini Bread Muffins, with peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Dinner- Family BBQ