What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Breakfast burritos and fresh fruit
- Dinner- left over Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal, and Orange juice
- Lunch- Bologna sandwich, grapes and carrot sticks
- Dinner- Olive Gardens Toscana soup and home made french bread
- Breakfast- Cream Of Wheat, Banana and Milk
- Lunch- left over Olive Gardens Toscana soup
- Dinner-Teriyaki Chicken and Steamed Broccoli over rice
- Breakfast-Cold Cereal and milk
- Lunch- Grilled Ham and Cheese, apples
- Dinner- Penne Rustica Casserole and Green beans
- Breakfast- Carnation Instant Breakfast, and toast
- Lunch- Left over Penne Rustica Casserole
- Dinner-Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas (yes we ate them for dinner)
- Breakfast- Left over Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas
- Lunch-Left over Penne Rustica Casserole
- Friday-Parmesan Chicken, Pasta with red sauce, and Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Fresh Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Dinner- Blimpie Sandwic h with BOGO coupon and jello