I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Crepes baked apple and pear
- Dinner- Ham and Cheese pannini
- Breakfast- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins, with orange juice
- Lunch- Tuna Sandwhich, Chips and Apples
- Dinner- Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup, with rolls
- Breakfast- Toast and Hot Chocolate
- Lunch- Left over Broccoli Soup
- Dinner- Lemon Chicken, over rice and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Breakfast- Pancakes and eggs
- Lunch- Left over lemon chicken
- Dinner- Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos ( pretty much the best thing I have ever tasted)
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Left Over Pork Tacos
- Dinner- Pot Luck Dinner with boy scouts
- Breakfast- Scrambled eggs and Juice
- Lunch-Pork tacos…. I told you they are good I could eat them everyday!
- Friday- Spaghetti, Green Beans and French bread
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Lunch Date with Matt used our City Smart Coupon
- Dinner- Soup with Grilled Cheese