I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins, with apple juice
- Dinner- Meat Loaf Patties, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob
- Breakfast- Cinnamon Rolls
- Lunch- Meat Loaf sandwiches, chips and Cantaloupe
- Dinner- Southwest Chicken Navajo tacos
- Breakfast- Scones
- Lunch- left over scones, apples, and cantaloupe
- Dinner- Half Price Happy Meal night at McDonalds for my nephews Birthday party
- Breakfast- Left over Cinnamon rolls
- Lunch- Egg salad sandwich, Apricots and cucumbers in ranch
- Dinner-Oven Baked Cheese Nachos with left over chicken from Monday night
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Broccoli & Grape salad
- Dinner- Pork Chops with apple glaze, Mashed Yukon gold potatoes , frozen peas
- Breakfast- Scrambled eggs and toast
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches, grapes
- Friday- Baked Chicken, Canned corn, Broccoli & Grape salad
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Doughnuts
- Dinner-Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos