What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Dinner-Tortellini with Homemade Alfredo sauce, and Steamed Broccoli
- Breakfast- Pancakes, with fresh strawberries
- Lunch- left over Tortellini with Homemade Alfredo sauce,
- Dinner- Ate at Souper Salad
- Breakfast- Breakfast Smoothies but we also added fresh bananas and peaches
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, Tomatoes and Grapes
- Dinner- Took the kids to Half Price Happy Meal night at McDonalds
- Breakfast- Oatmeal with granola berries
- Lunch- Tuna Sandwich, fresh tomatoes, and cucumbers
- Dinner-BBQ Chicken from the Crockpot, over rice with Zucchini and corn on the cob
- Breakfast- Pancakes with Peaches
- Lunch- Left over BBQ chicken and rice
- Dinner- Soft shell Beef Tacos
- Breakfast-Egg, Bacon Breakfast burritos
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich, and milk
- Friday- Dinner at Grandmas Baked Chicken, Watermelon, Steamed Spinach
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Birthday lunch at Golden Corral
- Dinner- Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos