What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
Sunday & Monday
We were at a family reunion, so we ate all the meal “potluck style”
- Breakfast- Carnation Instant Breakfast, toast
- Lunch- BLT sandwiches and Green Beans
- Dinner-Teriyaki Chicken and Steamed Broccoli over rice
- Breakfast- Yogurt with granola
- Lunch- Peanut Putter Jelly sandwiches, Pears and Peaches
- Dinner- Vegetable Beef Soup, and Corn Bread Muffins
- Breakfast- Fruit Smoothies and French Toast
- Lunch- left over soup and corn bread
- Dinner- It was hot… so we had Fresh Garden Tomatoes and Cantaloupe, and Green Beans
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and peaches
- Lunch- I had lunch out with Jessica from Other Mothers
- Friday- Princess Party with Cousins, had a potluck dinner
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Peach, Nectarine smoothie with Pancakes
- Dinner- Burgers, Corn on the cob, Water Melon and Cantaloupe