This is Matt and I wanted to share a recipe with you today,
There are so many pet peeves that people have. One seems to be the proper use of ice. Many do not realize that there is an etiquette to using ice from the ice trays. Just like when you remove the tire from your car to do something with it, once you are done you must put it back or the next person to use it will have a bad experience. Just like the car tire, when a person removes ice cubes from the tray, you must replace the empty spots with new ice so that the next user will have a pleasant experience.
So how do you complete this daunting task? It takes about 10 seconds of prep, and about 2 to 2.5 hours of cook time.
- 1 tray of plastic or metal composition.
- 3 cups of clean room temperature water (tap is preferred, but bottle water is an option)
- 2 tablespoons clean water (optional depending on availability of empty ice tray)
- Remove Ice from tray for desired use
- Remove remaining ice from tray if desire for fresh ice is prominent
- Place empty or partially filled ice tray under tap water.
- Allow water to fill and roll over into all empty units of the ice tray
- Carefully return ice tray with water completely covering ice tray to the freezer
- Slide ice tray into ice tray holder in designated spot in freezer
- Close Freezer door and return to daily activities for 2 to 2.5 hours depending on appliance settings
I hope every one can attempt to make this wonderful recipe. It has become such a staple in our home and those around us. As we have enjoyed this delightful recipe, it has become easier and easier to make this for our family. I hope you enjoy it, and share your experience with us on how it went for you in your recipe test kitchen!