I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- We were on in Aruba so Grandparents had the kids
- Still on vacation 🙂
- Got back into town mid afternoon… back to real life and fixing dinner for the family …
- Dinner- Spaghetti with meat balls, Fresh Green Beans and French bread
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Left over Spaghetti
- Dinner- Chicken Cordon Bleu, Steamed Asparagus and rice
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Yogurt, Orange slices with grilled cheese sandwiches
- Dinner- Ham rolls, Grilled Zucchini rice, and canned green beans
- Breakfast- Yogurt and Granola
- Lunch- Left over Ham rolls, and rice
- Friday- Cheesy ham and potato chowder with Handmade Rolls
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Fresh Strawberry smoothies, Left over soup
- Dinner- Break fast for dinner, Pancakes and Sausage ( also made a few extra for a quick and easy Sunday Breakfast)