I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pancakes, and sausage
- Dinner-Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch-Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos left overs
- Dinner- Meat Loaf Patties, Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots, and Oven baked Steak Fries
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Cheese, Crackers, apples and green pepper slices ( ya I know kind of weird, but that is what we ate )
- Dinner-Sweet Shredded Pork Tacos left overs
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and Orange slices
- Lunch- Canned Soup, and Rolls from the Freezer
- Dinner- Grilled hot dogs, baked beans, Handmade Potato salad, and Jello
- Breakfast- Carnation Instant Breakfast and Cinnamon Toast
- Lunch- Hot Dogs and Potato Salad
- Dinner- Crockpot BBQ chicken, Freezer corn, Crescent rolls
- Breakfast- Yogurt and Granola
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, with chips and apple slices
- Friday- Went out to eat with the kids at Mongolian BBQ
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Left over Mongolian BBQ
- Dinner- Used our Groupon Coupons to eat at SmashBurger….