Before Sale Price or Coupons this would have cost $24.36
Because I waited to match my coupons with sales I was able to get it all for $1.38
For this weeks full Walgreens Match up click here
Zarbees Children’s Cough Syrup $5.99
- get back a $5.99 Register Reward after you pay
- use the $3.00 off coupon (hope you printed it last week)
- Final Price: FREE or $3.00 profit if you printed the coupon
Vicks NyQuil Sinex 20 ct 2 for $10
- Use the $4.00 coupons from the 10/10 P&G insert
- Pay $2.00 plus tax
- After you pay get back a $5 Register Reward
- which makes it FREE plus a $3 money maker
Bought th $.33 chips as a filler item so my coupon item ratio would work, and to get my subtotal high enough so I could pay with a $6.00 Register Reward from last weeks deals.
Paid with 2 $4 coupons and a $3 coupon. Then paid with a $6.00 RR, bought my total down to $.34 plus $1.04 tax= $1.38
After I paid got back a $5 and $6 Register Reward
- To view Walgreens official coupon policy click here
- I always check out at the cosmetics counter, and if anyone comes behind me I let them go first, so I do not hold up the line.
- One thing to remember about Walgreens RR (register reward) is you can not use a “chap stick RR” to pay for another chap stick and have another RR print. BUT you can use a “toothpaste” RR to pay for chap stick and have another RR print.
- Also remember that Walgreens has a coupon item ratio rule, you can only use as many coupons as you have items. They count RR as coupons. So if I was only buying 4 items ( all of which had manufacture coupons which meant my item coupon ratio was already 4 to 4) I wanted to pay with a RR I would need to ad a filler item something cheap like a pencil. This would then make my coupon ration 5 ( 4 manufacturer coupons and 1 register reward) and my item ratio 5. I then could pay with my coupons and RR with no problem. An instore coupon does NOT count as a coupon in this ratio….just as a sale price.
- Also remember that only one RR per product will print per transaction. For example If wanted to buy 3 bottles of Aussie shampoo. In order to have 2 RR print for each one I had to buy them in 3 transactions. My store is happy to let me go thru the line more than once ……but some store will limit you.
- You can not pay for sales tax with a RR