Don’t forget the sign up window now opens at 12 noon on Mondays. The Boise locations have been selling our within an hour so act fast!
I was able to participate in Bountiful Baskets this weekend. Remember this is not just a local deal they have 100’s of locations in many states.
This week my basket had,
- 1 tub of fresh strawberries
- 8 Apples
- Large bag of Pears
- Large bag of Celery
- 1 large bag of Cuties oranges
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- 2 large red bell peppers
- Bunch or Fresh Spinach
- 6 bananas
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 large tomatoes
Remember this is not just a local deal they have 100’s of locations in many states. If you want to participate in this weeks basket you will need to sign up today. It opens Monday at 12 noon and will close at 10pm Tuesday . The spots will fill up quickly so don’t wait. Their website is www.bountifulbaskets.org .
I have had a lot of question about Bountiful Baskets so I thought I would be a good idea to do a step by step guide to help answer questions.
What is Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op
- This is a grass roots, all volunteer, no contracts, no catch co-operative.
- There are many opportunities to participate!
How the Co-op works
- As a group, we purchase high quality produce at wholesale prices.
- Items are then distributed evenly among site participants.
What is my commitment if I sign up?
- Once you sign up you will get weekly reminder emails, but no other commitment. You can choose to buy a basket once a week, or once a year… what ever works for your family.
Is it really worth it, and is their a down side?
- Well I would not participate if I did not think it was worth the money. I am not getting any type of compensation for promoting Bountiful Baskets each week. I just think it is a great way to provide a variety of produce to families for great price of $16.50 a week.
- Down side – You do not get to pick what comes in your basket. But for a family that loves almost every fruit and Vegestable we are loving the assortment we get each week. I love that my children are able to try new things and have fresh produce daily on a limited budget.
To sign up use their website www.bountifulbaskets.org .
All you need to register is a email address.
To sign up for a basket head to their website MONDAY at NOON! Sign up window is only open Mon-Tuesday, and pick up is Saturday. Look for your state and click on that box. If you choose to sign up your monetary contributions will go toward the community pool, which is used to purchase produce
Use the drop down menu to find a pick up location near you, it will also tell you your pick up time. If you do not see your local location it may have already sold out.
- Select the number of baskets you wish to purchase
- If it is your first time you will have to pay a $3.00 basket fee. This is for the baskets they use to organize your produce ( but you DO NOT get to take it home, it stays with the site)
- you can also choose an organic basket if you want ( does cost more)
- You then have the option to buy other items such a bread, tortillas, granola, bulk fruit or specialty packs.
View your selections in your cart, making any changes that you wish then proceed to check out.
Pay for your items, then you will get a confirmation number and your pick up time and location. You will need to either print this out or just write it down and MAKE SURE you bring it with you when you pick up your basket.
There is only a 20 minute pick up window so make sure you are on time to your location. Bring a basket or box to take your produce home with you. Make sure you have your confirmation number with you. The line moves quick, normally only takes about 10 minutes.
You will need to give you name and conf. number to one of the volunteers. You will then be able to get your items.
They have site volunteers to help you transfer your produce from their baskets to your own.
If you singed up for any other items like bread, granola or guacamole kits pictured below…. grab those as well, then you are DONE! You can sign up every week if you want, monthly or never again…. what ever works for your family!
VOLUNTEER! Without volunteers the co-op would not be possible.
- Arrive at the site location at least an hour before pick up time
- Or, stay after distribution to help clean up
- Let your Volunteer Site Coordinator know that you want to help and they will gladly put you to work!
Reasons to Participate
- This is a great deal and you are helping others get a great deal, too. With the produce offerings, you get approximately $50 worth of grocery store-quality produce.
- This co-op encourages a healthier lifestyle.
- You meet great people!