Before Sale price or coupons this would have cost $43.77
I was able to get it all for $11.63
Plus I got back a $10 register reward ….so it is like paying only $1.63
First off I have to say….I messed up a little on this deal. It would have a been a better deal to buy only 4 bags of chips and 4 cans of dip….I was thinking it was spend $25 get back $10 RR…but it is spend $20 get back $10. So I spent $5 more than I needed too…darn it. Oh well, I am only human and mess up on my deal scenarios some times.
To view all the Match ups for Walgreens this week click here
Countdown To Super Bowl Register Reward Deal: spend $20 get $10 RR
- Tostitos Chips & Dip 2/$5
- use the $.55 off 2 coupon from 1/17 Smart Source
- or the $1.00 off 2 tearpad coupons found on some store displays
- Final Price: 2/$4.45 or 2/$4
- (4) Tostitos Chips $10
- (4) Dip $10
- -$2.20 coupons ( or $4 if you find the tearpad coupons)
- -$10 RR
- Final Price: 8/$7.80 or $.98 each! ( or 8 for $6)
I wanted to pay with 4 register rewards from prior deals, so I needed a few filler items so my coupon ratio would work out. SO that is why I bought the kids coloring books, clearance lip gloss and candy bar.
I paid with $5 in MFR coupons, and $12 in register rewards which brought my total down to $10.04 plus $1.62 tax = $11.67. After I paid another Register Reward printed for $10.
- One thing to remember about Walgreens RR is you can not use a ”chap stick RR” to pay for another chap stick and have another RR print. BUT you can use a “toothpaste” RR to pay for chap stick and have another RR print.
- Also remember that Walgreens has a coupon item ratio rule, you can only use as many coupons as you have items. They count RR as coupons. So if I was only buying 4 items ( all of which had manufacture coupons which meant my item coupon ratio was already 4 to 4) I wanted to pay with a RR I would need to ad a filler item something cheap like a pencil. This would then make my coupon ration 5 ( 4 manufacturer coupons and 1 register reward) and my item ratio 5. I then could pay with my coupons and RR with no problem. An instore coupon does NOT count as a coupon in this ratio….just as a sale price.
- Also remember that only one RR per product will print per transaction. For example If wanted to buy 3 bottles of Aussie shampoo. In order to have 2 RR print for each one I had to buy them in 3 transactions. My store is happy to let me go thru the line more than once ……but some store will limit you.
- You can not pay for sales tax with a RR