Before sales price or coupons this would have cost $42.90
I was able to get it all for $5.08
Plus I still have $6 register reward so it like getting it all for FREE
I did this deal in 4 transactions, I do it this way so I can “ROLL” my register rewards. Please note that not all stores will let you split up your purchases. But my local store has always been happy to do it this way. I always check out at the cosmetics counter, (normally less busy) and if someone else needs to check out I let them go ahead of me. To view the full match up for Walgreens click here.
Vitamin Schtick lip care $1.99
- Pay $1.99 plus tax = $2.11
- get back a $2.00 Register Reward after you pay
Blink Tears .34 or .5 oz $7.99
- use the $2 from 1/31 Red Plum
- get back a $7.99 Register Reward after you pay
- Final Price: $2 overage
4 packs of Jello ( use instore coupon to get it .20 cents each) Used these a a filler item so I could pay with 2 RR, and to bring my total up higher than tax due.
I paid with a $2 rr ( from transaction#1) and a $5 rr from diaper deal last week, and a $2 coupon for blink. This brought my total down to only .01 cent plus .52 cents tax = total due .53 cents. After I paid I got back a $8.00 rr for the Blink drops.
Vitamin Schtick lip care $1.99
- Pay $1.99
- get back a $1.99 Register Reward after you pay
Zicam Cold Sore Swabs 10-ct $10
- use the $3 coupon on box
- get back a $7 Register Reward
- Final Price: FREE
Paid with a $3 coupon found on box of Zicam, and the $8 rr from transaction #2, brought my total down to .99 cents plus .72 cents tax =$1.71 After I paid I got back $9 in register rewards ( $2 and $7)
Jello use instore coupon to get it .20 cents each ( used to get my total up above sales tax, so I can pay with RR)
Scalpicin Medicated Wipes 12-pk $5.99
- get back a 5.99 Register Reward
- use the $1 printable HERE ( I forgot to print this so I did not use it )
- Final Price: $1 overage
Cosmetics sponges $2.99 ( no sale just needed them)
Paid with a $7 and $2 register reward from transaction #3, brought my total down to .18 cents plus .55 cents tax = .73 cents. After I paid I got back a $6 register reward.
- One thing to remember about Walgreens RR is you can not use a ”chap stick RR” to pay for another chap stick and have another RR print. BUT you can use a “toothpaste” RR to pay for chap stick and have another RR print.
- Also remember that Walgreens has a coupon item ratio rule, you can only use as many coupons as you have items. They count RR as coupons. So if I was only buying 4 items ( all of which had manufacture coupons which meant my item coupon ratio was already 4 to 4) I wanted to pay with a RR I would need to ad a filler item something cheap like a pencil. This would then make my coupon ration 5 ( 4 manufacturer coupons and 1 register reward) and my item ratio 5. I then could pay with my coupons and RR with no problem. An instore coupon does NOT count as a coupon in this ratio….just as a sale price.
- Also remember that only one RR per product will print per transaction. For example If wanted to buy 3 bottles of Aussie shampoo. In order to have 2 RR print for each one I had to buy them in 3 transactions. My store is happy to let me go thru the line more than once ……but some store will limit you.
- You can not pay for sales tax with a RR