Before sale price or coupons this would have cost me $19.11
I was able to get it all for $3.62
Plus I still have $4 in register rewards
Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners 16 oz $2.99 each BOGO
- use 2 coupons for $0.50 off from here
- Get back a $1.00 RR after pay
- final price $.50 each
bought $.10 pack of gum to use as a filler so I could pay with a $2.00 register reward from prior purchase
Subtotal $.09 plus $.19 tax= .28
after I paid got back a $1.00 RR for Lysol
Herbal Essences hair care $2.99
- get back a$2 RR
- use the $1 from 5/16 Red Plum
- Final Price: FREE after coupon and RR
bought $.10 pack of gum to use as a filler so I could pay with a $1.00 register reward from purchase #1
Subtotal $1.09 plus .19 tax= $1.28
after I paid got back a $2.00 RR
Lysol cleaner or Disinfecting Wipes $2.99
- get back a $1 Register Reward
- use the $0.50 off from here
- Final Price: $1.50
bought $.10 pack of gum to use as a filler so I could pay with a $2.00 register reward from purchase #2
subtotal $.59 plus $.19 tax =.78
After I paid got back a $1.00 RR
was the same as Transaction #2
- I always check out at the cosmetics counter, and if anyone comes behind me I let them go first, so I do not hold up the line.
- One thing to remember about Walgreens RR (register reward) is you can not use a “chap stick RR” to pay for another chap stick and have another RR print. BUT you can use a “toothpaste” RR to pay for chap stick and have another RR print.
- Also remember that Walgreens has a coupon item ratio rule, you can only use as many coupons as you have items. They count RR as coupons. So if I was only buying 4 items ( all of which had manufacture coupons which meant my item coupon ratio was already 4 to 4) I wanted to pay with a RR I would need to ad a filler item something cheap like a pencil. This would then make my coupon ration 5 ( 4 manufacturer coupons and 1 register reward) and my item ratio 5. I then could pay with my coupons and RR with no problem. An instore coupon does NOT count as a coupon in this ratio….just as a sale price.
- Also remember that only one RR per product will print per transaction. For example If wanted to buy 3 bottles of Aussie shampoo. In order to have 2 RR print for each one I had to buy them in 3 transactions. My store is happy to let me go thru the line more than once ……but some store will limit you.
- You can not pay for sales tax with a RR