Before sale price or coupons this would have cost $34.84
I was able to get it all for $5.20
Plus I got back $6.00 in register rewards
To view the full weeks match ups for Walgreens good till 10/16 click here.
I started out with $9.00 in Register Rewards from last weeks deals ($5, $3, $1)
Gillette body wash 3/$10
- get back a $3 RR on three
- use the $2 from 9/26 PG – Gillette, use three
- Final Price: as low as 3/$1
Huggies diapers jumbo pk or Pull Ups $8.99
- get back a $2 RR
- use the $2.50 printable HERE – diapers
- or the $2 printable HERE – Pull-Ups
- Final Price: as low as $4.49
Halls Refresh Lemon Raspberry drops $1
- get back a $1 Register Reward
- Final Price: FREE
Mars candy $.49 (with insert coupon)
- Use the instore add coupon
- also use the B1G1 free from 9/26 Red Plum – Snickers 3Musketeers, Milky Way or Twix
- Final Price: $.25 each wyb two
Comet $.50 each with in store coupon (used as a filler item)
Rang up all my items, total came to $27.14 plus tax
I then paid with $2.50 Huggies coupon, three $2 Gillette coupons, 3 BOGO coupons for Twix took off $.89 each.
Second I paid with a Comet instore coupon took off $1.38, and instore Mars/twix coupon took off $1.83
Finally I handed over my 3 Register rewards that took off another $9.00 off
Brought my total down to $3.76 plus $1.44 tax = $5.20
After I paid I back another $6.00 in register rewards
- To view Walgreens official coupon policy click here
- I always check out at the cosmetics counter, and if anyone comes behind me I let them go first, so I do not hold up the line.
- One thing to remember about Walgreens RR (register reward) is you can not use a “chap stick RR” to pay for another chap stick and have another RR print. BUT you can use a “toothpaste” RR to pay for chap stick and have another RR print.
- Also remember that Walgreens has a coupon item ratio rule, you can only use as many coupons as you have items. They count RR as coupons. So if I was only buying 4 items ( all of which had manufacture coupons which meant my item coupon ratio was already 4 to 4) I wanted to pay with a RR I would need to ad a filler item something cheap like a pencil. This would then make my coupon ration 5 ( 4 manufacturer coupons and 1 register reward) and my item ratio 5. I then could pay with my coupons and RR with no problem. An instore coupon does NOT count as a coupon in this ratio….just as a sale price.
- Also remember that only one RR per product will print per transaction. For example If wanted to buy 3 bottles of Aussie shampoo. In order to have 2 RR print for each one I had to buy them in 3 transactions. My store is happy to let me go thru the line more than once ……but some store will limit you.
- You can not pay for sales tax with a RR