Yesterday I got this comment on my site, about the FREE Buddies you can get with the $1 coupon:
I had problems using the coupon today at Target because they cost less than the coupon. Anyone else have this problem?
Then one of my wonderful readers CH took the time to help her out with this answer:
Target is supposed to lower the cost of the coupon to match the cost of the product. It is in their coupon policy.
Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores.
• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons
Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
A huge thanks to CH for taking the time to help out another reader, and she gave a wonderful answer backed with the coupon policy. I am always super grateful when my readers help each other out!!!! Between emails and comments I have hundreds to sort thru each day…..it can be a bit over whelming. Thanks again!