This was from the Rite Aid ad post here
Rite Aid is one store that I have dabbled couponing in. This is what I learned:
Earlier this week, while I was taking my sister to pick up a prescription she picked up 3 Burt’s bees lip tints for $14.97 (.03 shy of the $15 required to generate the $5 Up reward). So I tried to see if the store could help me if I purchased one more. I was happily surprised that the wellness card ‘remembered’ and my purchasing an additional item generated the Up Reward. 🙂
This is what I did:
- 1 Gillette Fusion shaver $9.99
- 1 Burts bees hand salve on clearance $1.24
- used $5/1 gillette shaver (out of my Proctor & Gamble mailer)
- and $1.50/1 Burt’s Bees, excludes lip items Rite Aid Video Values
- OOP: $4.73
- once I payed on the bottom of my receipt was a $5 Up Reward from the Fusion
- AND a $5 Up Reward from Burt’s Bee’s!
Transaction #2 (pushing my luck)
- 2 Gillette Fusion Shaver $9.99 each
- used (2) $3/1 Manual or Power Gillette Razor 4/3/2011 P&G Insert (exp 4/30/2011)
- and 2 $5 Up Rewards from Transaction #1
- and 2 $1 off Non Prescription items coupons from Video Values (March & April)
- OOP: $1.98
- after I payed I got back (1) $5 Up Reward on the bottom of my receipt ~WHY? Rite Aid has a limit of 2 shavers per Wellness card~ Whoops! Learn something new EVERYDAY
So what did I learn?
- Watch limits (listed under the item in the ad)
- and the Wellness card will ‘remember’ and accumulate totals toward a Up Rewards. (I presume that is not always the case~ I will be watching for those times where the small print says that it has to be in one transaction).