If you are looking for a crunchy sweet treat that is healthy for you, then you have got to try making your own apple chips.This is also a perfect treat or lunchbox idea for the kiddos. They are yummy, easy to make and so much cheaper than buying them at the store.
Homemade Apple Chips
- 810 apples, washed
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Food dehydrator (I have a basic Ronco dehydrator)
- Mandolin slicer (optional but this is how I get my perfect slices and I use it for everything!)
5 easy steps
1. Thinly slice your apples. I leave the skin on mine for a bit of extra crunch but you could also peel them if you wish.
2. Lay the apple slices evenly on the dehydrator trays and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Stack the trays and turn the dehydrator on. Allot the chips to sit for 68 hours and then rotate the trays from top to bottom.
4. Let sit another 68 overs (even overnight works) until they get crisp.
5. Store in an airtight gallon ziploc type bag or airtight mason jar.
You might also enjoy these tips: