I just love these Christmas Tree cupcakes, they look to festive and pretty. and they are simple to make! You can make them as simple or glamorous as you want. You can even use the same idea on sugar cookies, just a tip.
CHRISTMAS TREE CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 Cupcakes, Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- White Sugar Sprinkles
- Round Colored Sprinkles
- Green Food Coloring
- Sugar Cones
1. Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
2. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Place two cups of white frosting in a piping bag with a round frosting tip. Mix green food coloring in remaining frosting until you reach desired shade of green.
4. Place one sugar cone upside down onto each cupcake. Using a butter knife, spread a thin layer of green frosting to completely coat each cone.
5. Fill a piping bag with remaining green frosting and use a small closed star frosting tip to make Christmas tree branches. Start at the top and turn the cupcake, continuing adding branches to fill the entire cone.
6. Using the white frosting, pipe a thick layer around the bottom of the cone to look like snow.
7. Add white sprinkles to the “snow” and add round colored sprinkles to the “tree”.
You might also like to check out over 50 Christmas craft, recipes, home decor, DIY, printables and more.