No Sew Bow-tie Valentine’s Shirt
This could be made for a boy or a girl, but this cute little number is for my handsome kindergartner. This shirt is a simple project and can be made by almost any skill level. My little guy is going to love this “fancy tee”, watch out girls he is dressed to impress.
- T shirt
- Polka dot fabric – fat quarter cut is more than enough.
- Red fabric – I just used some scraps that I had
- No sew adhesive – found in fabric departments, I’ve even seen it in Walmart
- Start by getting your bow-tie shape. Since I’m one for symmetry I simply did this by folding my piece of paper in half and drawing half of a bow-tie then cutting it out. It took a few tries to get the size and shape I wanted.
- Once you have your bow-tie, do the same thing for your heart shape.
- Following the instructions from your no sew adhesive, adhere your fabric to the adhesive using your iron -medium heat and no steam
- Do this for the polka dot fabric and the red fabric
- Using your bow-tie template trace onto the polka dot fabric and cut out
- Cut out a small strip to wrap around the center of the bow-tie as well
- Do the same for the heart template and the red fabric.
- Peel off your adhesive’s paper backing for the bow-tie and the strip.
- Wrap the strip around the center of the bow tie, making sure that the ends are on the back side. Place it on your T shirt where you want it to lay and use your iron to adhere it to the shirt.
- (Again, follow the instructions from your adhesive for temperature and time)
- Once the bow-tie is secure, place the heart where you want it to lay and iron on.
You might also like this~ 25 + Valentines Ideas
How to make a Frozen Elsa Dress, NO SEWING required and made for less than $10.00.