Ingard here, A Thrifty Mom was chosen for not only a completely amazing giveaway, but also a challenge.
Develop 4 recipes that have 6 ingredients or less and share them with you all.
I always struggle to find fresh, thrifty ideas for dinner and maybe you feel this as well. The best part of all of this is that while I am sharing four recipes over the next three weeks, YOU will be sharing yours as well (remember the limit is 6 ingredients OR less), at the end of 3 weeks a winner with the best recipe will be chosen and they will win……………..a $600 AXP gift card.
To place your entries go HERE,
currently this has under 150 entries and closes 9/10
- Enough bell peppers for your family (I used 5, we always make enough for my hubby a lunch the next day) Open peppers like you would a jack-o-lantern remove seeds and veins. You can level the pepper by slicing off the end of any bottom bumps. If you want you can salt the inside cavity.
- 3 cups pre-cooked rice (I used brown)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- garlic, 4 cloves (optional) – (we really like garlic if you don’t use to your taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Season salt (optional)
- Sliced cheese for the top of stuffed pepper (optional)
Break up the ground beef as it cooks. (I use a potato masher to break up the meat)
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, depends how crunchy you like your pepper, I started checking at 30 minutes.
and return to the oven for about 4 minutes or until melted.
Plated stuffed pepper with Cheesy Cauliflower
To place your entries go HERE
All of this brought to you and sponsored by:
With the costs of food, gas and clothing rising rapidly, the new Blue Cash® Cards provide a simple way for shoppers to put cash back in their pockets as they shop for every day necessities. With these new Blue Cash Cards, there are no spend minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments or rotating categories of cash back benefits. The benefits don’t change, as they do with some other cards.
Both Cards immediately offer cash back in categories in which prices are particularly under pressure: gas, supermarket purchases and department stores.
Whether when shopping online or in-store, the Blue Cash Card from American Express offers an easy-to-understand rewards structure:
- For Blue Cash Preferred, it’s as simple as 6%-3%-1% (6% cash back at supermarkets, up to 3% at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases). At 6% cash back, Blue Cash Preferred offers consumers the most cash back at the supermarket available in the market today. (Blue Cash Preferred carries a $75 annual fee)
- For Blue Cash Everyday, it’s a simple as 3%-2%-1% (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases) with no annual fee.
To learn more about the Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards, visit American Express blue cash cards here