We happen to LOVE our Elf On The Shelf, he brings my kids an incredible amount of joy each morning. Our Elf does not do anything to extravagant but each day he is in a new place and the kids love running around looking for him. Yesterday my kids were talking together, their friends Elf did NOT MOVE last night. You should have seen their faces, both confusion, worry and suspicion. I had to giggle as they discussed WHY they thought their friends Elf did not move.
So, if your Elf happens to NOT MOVE one night…. it is best that all of us study up, and become informed as to WHY this might of happened. That way if that day ever comes, and your Elf does not move, we will be prepared and ready to handle this crisis.
14 reasons why the Elf on the Shelf did not move
1.Be shocked just like the kids are, “Hmmmm I wonder why he did not move” ask the kids the question and see what reasons or ideas they come up with. Kids are smart, clever and funny and you are sure to get a giggle when they explain why THEY think the elf did not move.
2. Well you were kind of naughty yesterday maybe he is on strike and did not fly back to the north pole last night. He is giving you one more day to improve your behavior before he reports to Santa. I bet if you are good today he will move.
3. You went to bed really late last night, I bet he didn’t have enough time to get every thing done that he needed to last night.
4. I bet he caught a cold and does not feel well, you know our family has been sick this week.
5. It is too cold out, the weatherman said it is was really cold last night I bet he wanted to stay warm.
6. He ate to much sugar and is feeling sluggish… you know all those cookies he ate last night, well I bet he has a tummy ache.
7. You woke up to early, you woke up earlier than normal go back to bed and I bet he will move when your asleep.
8. Move while your out doing errand, he does not have to just move at night. Get the kids in the car and SURPRISE he moved while you were gone.
9. I heard the cats running around last night, I bet the Elf didn’t want to get chased by the cats so he stayed put.
10. You like to wear the same clothes two days in a row… he moved, he just moved back to the same place again.
11. He stayed up to late playing with your toys and lost track of time.
12. He is so silly he is playing a trick on you so see if you remembered where he was yesterday. You are too smart for his tricks.
13. He wanted to have a sleep over at our house, and didn’t go back to the north pole last night.
14. Some times he gets to tired to fly, I wonder if he missed his flight. The wind makes it hard for those Elf planes to land.
Need some more ideas, here are 40 Elf on the Shelf Ideas for you…
Do you have an Elf on the Shelf at your house? We started the tradition and my kids love it!
Still time to grab your own Elf On The Shelf if you would like to start this tradition as well.
- A timeless Christmas classic the whole family fan enjoy
- The Elf on the Shelf comes in light skin and dark skin boy and girl scout elves
- #1 national bestseller with over 2.5 million copies sold
- Touted as “the best thing since The Night before Christmas”
- A Scout Elf skirt is available, sold separately
Looking for More Online Deals? Click here for more THRIFTY DEALS. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.