Ingard here, A Thrifty Mom was chosen for not only a completely amazing giveaway, but also a challenge.
Develop 4 recipes that have 6 ingredients or less and share them with you all.
I always struggle to find fresh, thrifty ideas for dinner and maybe you feel this as well. The best part of all of this is that while I am sharing four recipes over the next three weeks, YOU will be sharing yours as well (remember the limit is 6 ingredients OR less), at the end of 3 weeks a winner with the best recipe will be chosen and they will win……………..a $600 AXP gift card.
To place your entries go HERE
Beans served with Rice
- 4 cans of beans (you can use the bean of your choice- we like black and pinto- you can also use dry beans that you rehydrate)
- 1 can tomato
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced (or to your taste)
- 1 can diced chili’s (optional)
- Sazon by Goya (I use cilantro con achiote- this is an optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
Chop onion and garlic finely.
Add can of tomato with the liquid and the chili’s and the liquid too.
Plate rice and spoon beans over the rice. We served ours with sauteed onions, zucchini, yellow squash and green beans.
OPTIONAL: The beans can be spritzed with lime juice and while we didn’t serve ours with a fried over-medium egg this is also a family favorite. This has been my quick, go-to meal over the many years of my marriage.
All of this brought to you and sponsored by:
With the costs of food, gas and clothing rising rapidly, the new Blue Cash® Cards provide a simple way for shoppers to put cash back in their pockets as they shop for every day necessities. With these new Blue Cash Cards, there are no spend minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments or rotating categories of cash back benefits. The benefits don’t change, as they do with some other cards.
Both Cards immediately offer cash back in categories in which prices are particularly under pressure: gas, supermarket purchases and department stores.
Whether when shopping online or in-store, the Blue Cash Card from American Express offers an easy-to-understand rewards structure:
- For Blue Cash Preferred, it’s as simple as 6%-3%-1% (6% cash back at supermarkets, up to 3% at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases). At 6% cash back, Blue Cash Preferred offers consumers the most cash back at the supermarket available in the market today. (Blue Cash Preferred carries a $75 annual fee)
- For Blue Cash Everyday, it’s a simple as 3%-2%-1% (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases) with no annual fee.
To learn more about the Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards, visit American Express blue cash cards here