Matt likes to tease me that I can never make the same recipe taste the same twice… because I am always mixing it up. Most the time I just “wing it” and create my own recipes. Some are better than others, but most of them turn out pretty good (every now and then they end up in the trash and we eat cold cereal for dinner…lol). Last week I had a head of cauliflower that I needed to use, I also wanted to try out the Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing I got free with coupons . So I went out on a limb and created a new salad. It turned out really good, crisp, cool for a light summer meal. The sweetness of the cranberries and the crunch of the bacon and pecans paired really nice with the cauliflower. Even my kids loved it. The only thing I would change next time, is I might add some broccoli or green bell peppers to add a little more color.
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds roasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (fresh from my garden)
- Mix together in a bowl
- add 3/4 cup mayo and 3 tablespoons Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
Serve cold, top with a few chives for garnish.