Cinnamon Bears by Tiffany
I love these cute little bears. I make them every year, no fail. I like to put one in the middle of each cookie platter just for fun, kinda like a little signature cookie. The kids and adults both, get a kick out them. They’re super easy to make and get squeals from the kiddos every single time. I had found this recipe years ago in a Pillsbury book and slightly adapted it. I love that these freeze beautifully too. I’m able to get a head start on all my holiday baking with recipes like this. Enjoy! Yields 1 dozen.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- mini semisweet chocolate chips, for eyes
- cinnamon candies, for nose
- powdered sugar, for dusting cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. confection setting.
- In a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides if needed.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour and cinnamon; blend well.
- For each bear, shape dough for head into approx. 2 inch ball; place two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Shape the dough for ears into approx. 3/4 inch balls.
- Place two of the ear dough balls above and touching head dough ball for ears. Flatten slightly.
- Make twelve slightly smaller dough balls for snout. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 12 minutes. Immediately remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Without cooling, press two mini chocolate chips into each cookie for eyes and one cinnamon candy for nose.
- Let cool, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar.
Here’s a picture for you to see how they should look before baking. Before adding the snout and ears to the head, gently press the dough ball to slightly flatten the bears head. Add the snout and ears, gently press, to slightly flatten snout and ears. Bake as directed.
*Notes* These freeze beautifully. To freeze, store in gallon sized freezer Ziploc bags. To serve, thaw cookies at room temp. and give them a fresh little sprinkle of powdered sugar before serving.
Slightly Adapted Recipe by: Tiffany
Original Recipe: Pillsbury