My Mother in law made this recipe 3 years ago for Christmas, our family was a little worried about it since it was so different than anything we had ever tasted before. But we ALL loved it, even my kids and it has become a family favorite! The cranberries are hard to find fresh after the holidays so we buy them and freeze a few bags just for this recipe.
Cranberry Salsa Recipe served over Cream Cheese
- 12 ozs cranberries (fresh or frozen) chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 11/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1- 2 small jalapeno peppers take the seeds out and and mince
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Ginger
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving (best if made the day before). To serve pour over the top of 2 bricks of cream cheese 8oz. I only serve half at a time in case it does not all get eaten at once. We eat it with wheat thins, club crackers or corn chips.