Football Party Food ~ Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats
This is a fun recipe to bring to any game day or football party. Best part is you can make them the night before so no need to rush around the day of your party. Perfect finger food or snack. If you did not want to go to all the trouble of melting the caramel you could always just use peanut butter. Hope you enjoy this recipe as you cheer for your favorite team! Be sure and follow our Football Party Pinterest Board for even more ideas.
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
12 oz bag of caramels
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Wilton white icing tube
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1. Spray a 9 x 9 pan with Pam and set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl add marshmallows and butter. Cook for 1 minute, stir and eat again for another minute
3. Once marshmallows are melted and well blended start to stir in the Rice Krispies.
4. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
5. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely.
6. Once cooled, use a football-shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shapes.
7. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place the footballs on the lined baking sheet and prepare salted caramel sauce.
8. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the caramels, butter and milk. Stir occasionally until melted.
9. Remove caramel sauce from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
10. Ice each Rice Krispies football with the caramel sauce.
11. Sprinkle a touch of sea salt on top of the caramel footballs.
12. With a Wilson white icing tube, pipe the laces of each football krispie.
13. Let set for 5-10 minutes.
You might also like these ideas:
Looking for More Online Deals? Click here for more THRIFTY DEALS. Please note that Amazon priced tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.