Healthy Snacks Crispy Kale Chips
How many of you love something with crunch and a touch of salt… calling all potato ship addicts. As much as I love a good potato chip they do not always love me back… maybe it is the fact that I am getting older? Or maybe it is the fact that I can eat half a bag, not the little snack size back I am talking about the big family sized bag. Yip, leave it open next to me and slowly but surely they magically disappear. Kale chips are a great way to satisfy that craving, in a healthy way. They are really easy to make too!
What you need to make a batch:
1 bunch kale
2 T. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2. Fill a large bowl with water and add kale. Swish around to remove any dirt; drain. Dry thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel or salad spinner.
3. Tear the kale leaves into 1” – 2” pieces, discarding the ribs, and place in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands until evenly coated.
5. Arrange the leaves in a single layer (with NO overlap) on ungreased cookie sheets. Rub each leaf gently between your fingers as you work to ensure each is covered in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Optional: Sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until leaves are crispy.
You might also like these recipes: