What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Monkey Bread and Orange juice
- Dinner- Italian Chicken in the Crock pot, Peas, Green Giant steamers Green Beans and Potatoes
- Breakfast- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Lunch- $3 Pizza from Papa Johns
- Dinner – Breakfast for Dinner, Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs and OJ
- Breakfast- Pancakes, and eggs
- Lunch-Ham, Cheese, Crackers, apples (homemade lunchables) kids love finger food
- Dinner- Chicken Strips, Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots , Red Potatoes with Parsley
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal, and blueberries
- Lunch- Apples, Baloney sandwich and celery sticks
- Dinner- FREE Pizza thanks to Papa Johns reaching 2000 fans, and tossed green salad
- Breakfast- Yogurt and granola
- Lunch-Left over Pizza
- Dinner-White beans and dumplings
- Breakfast- Egg and Cheese breakfast wrap
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, carrot sticks and apples
- Friday- Pot Lucky dinner at Grandma’s house
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Hot Oatmeal, and blueberries
- Dinner-Pot Lucky dinner at Church Harvest Party