I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Orange sticky rolls
- Dinner- Pork Tacos
- Breakfast- Frozen peaches, toast and Carnation instant breakfast
- Lunch- Left over Tacos from Sunday
- Dinner- BBQ pulled pork on rolls, Rice and Cheesy Califlower
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal, with bananas and toast
- Lunch- Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich with apple and orange slices
- Dinner- BBQ Pork, and Onion Pizza (used left over from Monday dinner), with green salad with baby tomatoes, cucumbers and Asian pears.
- Breakfast- Eggs and cheese burrito
- Lunch- Tuna with cucumber on a Bagel
- Dinner- Italiian chicken over rice served with peas
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal, with sliced pears
- Lunch- Left over chicken in rice from dinner on Wed
- Dinner- Ham rolls with rice, brussel sprouts
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal, oranges
- Lunch- Left over Ham Rolls from Thursday Dinner
- Friday- Pizza party at Grandmas with the cousins ( picked up a Papa Murphys pizza for $6.99)
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Fruit smoothies and cinnamon toast
- Snack- left over Pizza, apples and pears
- Dinner- Soup and Rolls
Comments are closed.