What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Lunch at Granny’s House Left over Thanksgiving
- Dinner- Grilled Cheese, and Chicken Noodle Soup
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch- Turkey Sandwich, pear and apple slices
- Dinner-Tacos, and Spanish Rice
- Breakfast-Breakfast Burritos eggs and cheese
- Lunch- Left Over Tacos, oranges
- Dinner-Chicken Dill Broccoli Cheese Braid, Jello and Salad
- Breakfast- French Toast, Bananas
- Lunch- Turkey Sandwich, Oranges slices, celery sticks and jello
- Dinner-Chicken and Rice, Steamed Carrots and Peas
- Breakfast-Cold Cereal, and bananas
- Lunch- Left over Chicken and Rice, and veggies
- Dinner- Took the family out to eat at The Cornerstone Bistro in Middleton, since my son earned his Bear Rank in scouts. Take a look at this Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich he got for dessert. It was HUGE the whole family could not even finish it.
- Breakfast-Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, grapefruit
- Friday- Tortellini with Homemade Alfredo sauce, and Steamed Broccoli
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Ham and Cheese omelets, oranges
- Dinner- Dinner at the Church for Christmas Party