What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Blue Berry Breakfast Cake and fresh pineapple
- Dinner- Dinner at Grandmas House
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, apple and carrot sticks
- Dinner- Grilled Ham and Cheese, with Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder
- Breakfast- Cranberry Orange Pancakes in a heart shape, and grape juice
- Lunch- Left over soup, and bread and butter and apple slices
- Dinner- Picked up Mongolian BBQ Valentines Day with my kids ( Matt was working)
- Breakfast- Ham and Cheese omelet
- Lunch- Cottage Cheese and Cucumber spears
- Dinner-Chicken Cordon Bleu, green salad and rice
- Breakfast- Pancakes with fresh blueberries
- Lunch-Cottage Cheese and Cucumber spears, apples slices and wheat thins
- Dinner- Country Bobs Burgers, Baked Beans, Corn and Oven baked Steak Fries
- Breakfast- Pancakes with fresh blueberries, Fruit Smoothie
- Lunch- Left Over Burgers, and Beans
- Friday-Cucumber Salad, Hot dog and Cheesy Califlower
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas and blackberry smoothie
- Dinner-Italian Chicken in the Crock pot, with rice and green peas