We happen to LOVE St. Patrick’s Day at our house. It is my daughters birthday and we are part Irish so we have two things to celebrate. This is the day when everything turns GREEN, GOLD or RAINBOW at our house. The kids love it and I have fun looking for ways to make the kids smile. These Rainbow Cookies Banilla Bites are a fun and easy way to talk about rainbows and the Nilla cookies kinda look like a piece of GOLD too. Plus Bananas and peanut butter are always a yummy combo.
RAINBOW COOKIE BANILLA BITES
- Nilla Wafers
- Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Creamy Peanut Butter
1. Peel and slice banana into thin disks
2. Place one Nilla wafer upside down and spread on a thin layer of creamy peanut butter
3. Take one banana disk and roll it in sprinkles – completely coating only the edges. Place it on top of Nilla wafer coated in peanut butter.
4. Spread a thin layer of creamy peanut butter on the inside of a second Nilla wafer and place it on top of sprinkle coated banana disk to create a sandwich.
Notes: You may also replace the peanut butter for Nutella