One of my very favorite places to eat is Red Robin. Just about every time we go I order the Banzai Burger or their yummy chicken wraps. I decided to create one of my favorites in the comfort of my own home and the results were down right scrumptious! I added sauteed onions to my creation, typically Red’s, doesn’t have onion on their Banzai Burger, but every time I order it they do! I think it adds an extra little somethin’ somethin’. I hope you enjoy this juicy, mouth watering burger, grilled to perfection, smothered in teriyaki sauce on a bed of lettuce, topped with sauteed sweet onions, grilled pineapple, fresh garden tomato and a slice of Tillamook cheddar cheese. I totally just made myself hungry! Enjoy.
Ingredients For Burger
- ground beef, desired amount
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- sliced pineapple, grilled, desired amount
- fresh garden tomato, desired amount
- 1 large walla walla onion, sliced, desired amount (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, to saute onion slices
- cheese slices, we use Tillamook brand, desired amount
- hamburger buns, desired amount
Ingredients For Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Shape ground beef into desired sized patties, season with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt on both sides. Grill to desired doneness. Meanwhile prepare terriakyi sauce by combing soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, ground ginger, garlic powder, honey and corn starch in a medium sauce pan. Whisk over medium heat until sauce becomes slightly thickened. About 10 minutes. (Sauce gets thicker as it cools.) Remove burgers from grill and slather sauce on both sides of burger. Layer on bottom burger bun, mayonnaise, lettuce, burger, saute onions, grilled pineapple, tomato, cheese slice and top with bun. Serve.
Notes: Cover and stick in the fridge any remainder left over teriyaki sauce to use for future use. Recipe for sauce makes approx. 2 cups.