I am excited to let you know that this week we will be working with Eggo. We have been selected as a Chief Waffle Officer and get to share 7 amazing recipes with you, all featuring Eggo’s. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack! I hope these recipes give you some creative ideas, because you can make your own and enter them in the Great Eggo Waffle Off for a chance to win $5000!
Day 1 ~ Eggo Breakfast Kebabs
Day 2 ~ Smore Waffles Please by Tiffany
Who doesn’t love smores?!
I seriously can’t wait for the weather to warm up. I so enjoy firing up our pit just so we can sit around, fellowship and toast marshmallows. Of course we invite the Grahams and our dear friend, Hershey, joins the party too! Only this time, we weren’t outside around our pit and Grahams didn’t show up. Eggo chocolate Chip waffles took Grahams place instead and to my surprise I was actually very pleased!
My kids have cheered me on and inspired me this whole week with idea recipes that they would like to see come into play using Eggo waffles. They’ve just been down right adorable with some of the ideas they’ve come up with. It makes this momma beam knowing they support my love for concocting recipes.
This one, comes from my middle son, Parker, who happens to be a lover of all things chocolate, like his momma. Well played, my sweetums! Such a yummy idea.
These make for a quick, tasty after school snack idea. But if you’re like me, you’ll be snackin’ on these before school, after school and any where in between. You will not be disappointed!
Yields approx. 8
- 1 box (12.3 oz.) Eggo waffles Chocolate Chip
- 1 giant sized (7 oz.) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar
- mini marshmallows, desired amount
- additional Hershey’s Milk Chocolate shavings from bar, optional
- Bring waffles to room temp.
- Position your oven rack in the middle.
- Turn you oven broiler to low.
- Place waffles on a baking sheet, desired size depending on how many you’ll be making. Place two pieces of chocolate on top of each waffle. Place baking sheet on the middle rack directly under the broiler for approx 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate over the entire waffle with a knife. Place desired amount of marshmallows on top of melted chocolate. Return baking sheet to the oven for approx 1 minute or until marshmallows are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and top with additional chocolate shavings if desired. Serve.
Disclaimer Eggo supplied the tools needed to create the recipes show above and a stipend.