Strawberry Shortcake Cookies by Tiffany
I’m a total sucker for sweet little babies coming to my door selling cookies. Mothers of Girl Scouts, yes, this means your children. But in all reality it’s any and all kids that come a knockin’ selling ANY kind of cookie. Recently, I had a cutie selling frozen Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough for a school fundraiser. I bought a container. Helloooo! Who can turn down cookies, especially from a cutie?! Well, I’m sure there’s plenty of people who can, but me?! Um… that would be a HUGE NO! That’s probably why I have way too much junk in my trunk – if you get what I’m sayin’.
Anywaaays… When I was looking through the cookie brochure, I came across a cookie that struck my fancy. I’m always on the prowl for different flavored goodies I can recreate at home and this was one of them. Strawberry Shortcake Cookies – packed full of white chips, sweet dried strawberry craisins and tart dried cranberries. A blast of flavor coming at you in these babies! Enjoy. And thank you Otis, for the inspiration.
Oh! And one more thing… (I know, sorry, I’m a jibber jabber this week.;) These smell absolutely fabulous! I wish I could bottle the smell somehow, someway. I was thinking about placing one in each bedroom as a freshener… no, not really. I’m just kidding. Sides, I most likely would forget that I put them in the rooms and find them a week later- all moldy. But yeah, they smelled that good!
Yields approx. 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup butter, salted, room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried strawberry flavored craisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer, beat Crisco, butter and sugars until light and fluffy for approx. 10 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour and baking soda; whisk.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Next, stir in vanilla milk chips, dried strawberry craisins and dried cranberries.
- Shape cookie dough into approx 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Remove cookies from oven and let set on baking sheet for approx. 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in a sealed container or freeze in gallon sized Ziplock bags for later use.
I found my strawberry craisins in the bulk section in the bins at our local Winco.