Each day we will be posting A Thrifty Light recipe from one of our readers. At the end of the month, one of you will win a $25.00 Gift Card. For all the details click here. Keep those thrifty and healthy recipe tips coming!!!
Please submit your recipes on this post HERE, or to our email with the word Thrifty Recipe on the subject line.
Thanks To Not Your Ordinary Agent for this Thrifty Light recipe:
We had leftover pizza sauce from pizza night and I bought some ground turkey today too. Sloppy Joes are extremely easy to make and a huge favorite at our house. I thought these were appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- 3 English Muffins,
- cut in half 1 lb ground turkey
What You Already Have at Home
- : 1 C pizza sauce
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- ½ tsp Parsley
- ¼ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- ½ C mozzarella cheese,
- shredded Fresh Basil
- Cookie sheet lined with foil Large skillet
3) Brown meat in large skillet. Drain liquid.
6) Transfer to oven and broil until cheese melts.