Tropical Dump Cake by Tiffany
I don’t know about you, but I like fast fix recipes that taste great, yet hardly take any time to prepare. With summer here, I’m always trying to find or create recipes that keep me out of the kitchen. I want to be out playing in the sunshine with the kiddos instead of spending all that time in the kitchen. Here’s a fast fix recipe that gets a huge thumbs up on our end. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 can 21 oz. cherry pie filling & topping
- 1 can 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 box 15.25 oz. yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, salted, melted
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Convection setting
- Dump the first four ingredients into a greased 3 qt. baking dish; stir.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of cherry/pineapple mixture and drizzle melted butter evenly over the top of cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Garnish with addition chopped nuts if desired and of course, more whipped cream. 🙂