4th of July Pretzel Bites ~ Easy Red White And Blue Recipe
Juy 4th happens to be my husbands favorite holiday. We always go to the parade in town and let the kids watch the floats and wave to the soldiers. We also have a family bbq and then go to the fireworks in town as the sun starts to set. As you can tell we have a busy 4th of July, and it is normally HOT as well. So I love to find recipes that can be made ahead of time to create less stress. These 4th of July Pretzel Bites are so easy to make, and they can easily be stored until you are ready to eat them. They are also the prefect finger food or easy snack as you are out and about, at either the parade or watching the fire works. Hope you enjoy them as much as our family does.
If you can not find the Hugs candies you can always use a jumbo marshmallow cut in half in place of the Hug, put them in the oven at about 350 just till the tips start to brown. Pull out of the oven and top with the M&Ms candy. Be careful since they might be a little sticky and hot.
This recipe will yield 3 dozen 4th of July Pretzel Bites:
36 pretzel snaps (I used Snyders brand)
36 Hershey’s Hugs candies
18 red M&M’s
18 blue M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 200°.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the pretzels on the cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
3. Top each pretzel with a Hershey’s hug candy piece.
4. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven when the candy looks soft and a bit shiny. You just want to soften the candy in the oven-not melt them.
5. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
6. Gently press one M&M into the middle of each softened candy. This will make the Hershey’s hug spread out over each pretzel.
7. Let cool completely or refrigerate for 5 minutes.
You might also like these ideas;