Have fun with Alpha-Bits
I was sent this cereal as part of a sponsored post with Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own
With 4 kids in the house, letters and letter sounds are a big part of our day. My preschooler is just learning all his letters and gets excited when he sees one he recognizes. While my daughter who is in kindergarten is sounding them out and starting to make simple words. So you can imagine their excitement when they see LETTERS in their Alpha-Bits cereal. Breakfast just turned into a creative learning time.
I told them to hurry up and eat their breakfast and we would do some fun projects with the letters later. Which then left me scratching my head as to what we could do with them. My kids love to do special things like make Daddy breakfast in bed, or make him a special lunch… something fancy that they made themselves like peanut butter and jelly!
That gave me the idea to make a “fancy” napkin ring, that they could use for the month of November when making these special meals for Dad.
First step is to take a paper towel tube or toilet paper tube and cut them into shorter segments. Ours were about an inch and a half tall.
The kids then picked out pattern paper and cut it the same width. We wrapped the tubes in the paper and secured it with a piece of tape.
The kids then searched the Alpha-bits cereal for letters they knew, and tried to spell words.
My son (who is a preschooler) was just on a search for letters and decorated his with all the same letter. While my Kindergartner was wanting to build words for hers. She spelled Dad, Papa, and BOO!
If you are thinking of trying Alpha-Bits cereal hear are some good reasons to let your kids enjoy it.
- Alpha-Bits is a nutritious, delicious breakfast for children. With 20g of whole grains and 12 essential vitamins and nutrients per 30g serving.*
- The shaped pieces can help little ones become familiar with the letters of the alphabet.
- Little ones love playing with their food and Alpha-Bits can help make breakfast and snack time educational!
- Alpha-Bits contains nutrients to support healthy brain development, like zinc and iron.**
- Involving your child in making snacks and fun recipes with Alpha-Bits can be a bonding experience, as well as a learning moment.
- You can find it at a store near you, with this locator tool.